Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

24 Day Challenge - Day 1

A friend recently introduced me to Advocare which is a company "specializing in health and wellness, weight management, vibrant energy and sports performance".  I started reading about the 24 Day Challenge and decided to "take the challenge". 

A lot of people have said that they have increased energy after the 24 days, in addition to losing weight and inches.  I'm hoping for all 3 :)

Day 1

30 Minutes Before Breakfast: Mandarin Orange Spark

Breakfast: Fiber Drink (I am NOT looking forward to this tomorrow!), banana

Snack: 1 cup strawberries, hard-boiled egg

Lunch: Salad (romaine, baby bell peppers, cucumbers, Bragg's Raspberry vinaigrette), grilled chicken, baby carrots, hummus
The dressing is supposed to be sugar-free, but I just can't eat that again.  So...I'm going to cheat and use Newman's Own Honey Mustard from now on because I think the salads will go down a LOT easier!

Snack: Apple slices, natural peanut butter (no sugar added)

Before workout: 3 Catalyst
Workout: Ran 2 miles

Dinner: Rotisserie chicken, brown rice, salad (with Newman's Own Dressing!), 1 Omegaplex

Bedtime: Herbal Cleanse Tablet

Nothing earth-shattering today except that all the water I drank went right through me.  I've been drinking at least 64 oz of water most days for the past 3 months, but today it was like I just started drinking tons of water.  That and the fiber drink - YUCK!  Although, I guess if the cleanse does its job in ridding my body of toxins, then it's a price I can afford to pay. 

Another thing I noticed was that running was a little easier.  I'm not getting my hopes up in case it's a placebo effect, and it was only 2 miles because I had things I had to do.  But I'm really excited about running getting easier as I lose more weight, and today was a little taste of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment