Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, January 2, 2012

Toasted Apple Marshmallows

Ok, so this post doesn't really have anything to do with marshmallows; but I'll get to my reason for the title a little later.

I was told I need to update my blog.  I guess it's about time. 

Today I spent some of the day compiling healthy recipes from my Pinterest Healthy Recipes board.  Basically I've pinned every other recipe I see from Dashing Dish and Chocolate Covered Katie and quite a few from Emily Bites and Skinnytaste.  These are some terrific blogs, and I highly recommend that my 2 followers check them out!!  ;)

Other than that, I celebrated a milestone today in that I actually made something that I found on Pinterest.  Finally!  It was this Slow Cooker Orange Chicken



Mine didn't look quite look the picture (ok, I thought it looked pretty disappointing), but it was really good!  I added a bunch of fresh broccoli about an hour before it was done.  I actually messed up because my slow cooker only has 2 settings for high (4 or 6 hours) and 2 for low (8 or 10 hours).  I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, but I knew it had to cook for 5-6 hours on low.  So I chose 6 hours on high.  Duh. 



It was only a little burnt, but it was still really good with plenty of sauce for my rice.  I got 5.5 servings out of it which I figure should be a little less than 7 Weight Watcher Plus points plus 3 for my rice.

I recently bought this amazing invention from a Pampered Chef party. (Amazon actually sells the same thing for less.) 

I'm still trying to get the hang of cooking without burning (and not just on this!!), but I have some apples I need to use up so I decided to try my hand at apple chips. 



This plate is probably 1/2 - 3/4 of an apple (some were still cooking and quite a few didn't make it to the plate...like the whole first tray!).  I sprinkled the apples with cinnamon before cooking.  The best part?  0 points!!  And so much more fun than eating an apple...  Oh, and the burnt ones taste like toasted marshmallows.


1 comment: