Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 11, 2011

It seems like every week there's some celebration or something with the potential to throw me off track.  Last Saturday was a graduation open house...Wednesday was my brother's birthday...Thursday we had a birthday party at work...tomorrow another graduation open house...Wednesday another birthday...and on, and on, and on...

That's one of the things I really like about Weight Watchers.  The weekly points give me the option to have a built in cushion so I don't need to feel guilty if something like that comes up.  I managed to use all my points this week, but only my points this week.  So even with 3 celebrations (and a yummy treat called cake pops), I still lost 2 pounds.

Thursday was interesting because we were going to have picnic foods at work.  Hot dogs, potato salad, potato chips, cake pops...  I brought my own lunch because I wasn't really interested in splurging on anything that would be served.  Until I heard there was fluff.  A couple years ago, a Mennonite bakery opened up in the town where I work.  I think I've mentioned it before, but everything they make is incredible.  The cinnamon rolls melt in your mouth, the cookies are probably 20 points (and worth every one), and fluff is a vanilla pudding/custard with graham cracker crumbs.  Granted, it doesn't sound like it's worth completely changing my plans for the day and eating every single one of the rest of my points for the day at lunch...but it was.  Of course I couldn't just eat fluff so I had a hot dog and a little bit of everything else.  And everything was fantastic.  As it turns out, I wasn't even hungry for dinner so I didn't go over my points that day anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the HearthStone bakery I've heard so much about? Good job! I, too, will be using every point this week, but life is for living and it's been a fun week!

    ReplyDelete