Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My first compliment

Yesterday at work, I was doing some filing when I noticed how long my pants were.  It's weird because they were just the right length when I bought them several months ago.  These pants, mind you, were already a size smaller (although a bit snug) than I had been wearing so I was pretty happy about that.  Now they're getting loose which I'm really happy about!  But they're also getting longer as my belly gets smaller.

The good news is that I've kind of been on a black slacks buying spree lately so I'm all set in my current and next size. 

Anyway, I marveled all day about how nice it is to wear well fitting (although a tad bit long) clothes when at the end of the day, one of my co-workers told me "you've been losing weight".  I loved this on several levels - first because it was a comment not a question, second because it's the first compliment from a non-family member and from someone who doesn't know that I'm actually trying to lose weight, and third because it was a nice way to end a long day at work.

It's always nice to get a compliment, but it's even nicer when you're not expecting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment