Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, October 13, 2011

This and that

I'm becoming a connoisseur of tv dinners.  I like to cook, but not just for me.  It's much more fun to cook when I know that someone else will enjoy it, and I won't have to eat the same thing for the next 5 days.  Plus it's so easy to just grab a meal to take to work.  And this is a pretty busy time of year for me so when I don't want to stop working to eat, I can convince myself that it will only take 15 minutes!

The up side is that I get a wide variety of meals that I wouldn't normally eat.  The down side is that it's all processed food.  I figure if Nutri-System works, it's basically the same thing but much more expensive!  I won't bore you with the rest of my frozen food theories...

Insert segue here...

I was thinking today that this is the first year I'm not looking forward to winter because it gives me an excuse to not exercise.  I don't want to lose the running momentum (small though it may be) that I've built this year.  Fortunately my sister has lent me her treadmill until the spring.  I don't normally like running on the treadmill, but I know it will come in handy on snowy, icy winter days.  And, I'm hoping that I can use it to train myself to run faster.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I've started making homemade "TV" dinners. I found a book of recipes for frozen meals. Each time I make one, I leave out enough for whomever shows up at dinner and then I freeze the rest in "2 person" portions.

    ReplyDelete