Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, July 9, 2011

5 Miles

If someone would have told me a year or even 6 months ago that I would ever have the desire to run 5 miles, I would have laughed.  I would have laughed very loud.  But tonight I ran 5 miles...because I wanted to.  And I didn't feel like I was going to keel over when I was done! 

I'm really proud of myself because except for about 5 minutes (warm up, cool down and just a little towards the end), I ran the whole thing.  My average pace was 11 something.  Which, considering I didn't really run until a few months ago, I think is pretty good!  I checked my time at 3.1 miles, too; and it was 33 which is 4 minutes faster than the last 5K I did.  I'm hoping that if I can keep running 3-5 miles at a stretch, I'll be a little faster by my next 5K in August.

1 comment: